I am a designer, I am a researcher and I am a teacher. My goal is to understand problems to find the best possible way to resolve them, and to do this through the effective transmission of information among a team of driven individuals.
I understand the world through the fashion lens: both in the sense of the clothes we choose to live in and in the manner in which we conduct our interaction with them. I believe that understanding our relationship to fashion is crucial in understanding the social constructs of our unprecedented zeitgeist.
I am currently studying my MSc in Applied Psychology in Fashion and I believe that fashion can be a force for good. I am interested in offering my services to a company that is open to this world view and that I may implement my skills, experience and knowledge to improve the state of fashion for an inclusive and sustainable future.
2019 - Present
Short temporary employments at UAL. London, United Kingdom.
· Marketing research assistant: data collection and preliminary analysis.
· Gallery assitant: caring for designated areas in promotional gallery events.
· Sewing assistant: production of fabric props for expositions.
2015 - 2018
ALIANZA FRANCESA DE MONTERREY
French as a Foreign Language teacher. San Pedro, Mexico.
· Course planning and execution for basic French levels for students aged 10-15.
· Professional courses tailor-made to customer’s needs e.g. French for medical professional.
· Design Thinking workshop for staff.
2013 - Present
ATELIER SESENTA Y CUATRO
Founder / Designer based in Monterrey, Mexico.
· Fashion trend research and market adaptation.
· Textile sourcing (visits to Première Vision on various occasions).
· Slow fashion collection design.
· Project management.
· Made-to-measure fashion production (tailoring, dressmaking, bridal, casual, and so on).
· Gallery curation for brand promotion (in collaboration with the Alliance Française).
Runway Assistant Coordinator. Los Angeles, CA.
· Labelling, cataloguing and coordinating outfits and accessories for runway presentation.
· Assisting in collecting gift bags and branded goods.
· Overseeing backstage activity and briefing dressers.
2012 - Present
Freelance writing, design and curation work for business and artists. Monterrey, Mexico.
· Consultant writer for the Fashion Psychology column at NetoFreya.com in Mexico.
· Branding and Logo Design for FMCG and service startups.
· Visitor experience consultant for a Museum Exposition for Scintia.
· Museum and gallery curation for exhibits in BioArt and Photography.
· Costume design for theatre (Sunny Savoy Dance Company in Monterrey).
Design and Patternmaking Assistant. Paris, France.
· Pattern-Drafting of given designs through the Moulage technique.
· Material sourcing, colour-coding and cross-referencing for production.
2009 - 2012
Backstage Runway and Showroom Support. (Galliano, Chalayan, et al.). Paris, France.
· Dressing models for runway shows and showrooms.
· Minding an assigned space and/or outfit.
2018 - Present
LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION
MSc Applied Psychology in Fashion. London, UK.
· Psychology theory: cognition, personality, social psychology, creativity and team dynamics.
· Design thinking and consumer behaviour.
· Research methodology: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods approaches.
· Neuromarketing techniques: Eye tracking.
· Data analysis and statistics.
Faculty Training. Milano, Italy.
· Pedagogy theory: models of self-actualization, theory of learning.
· Public speaking skills.
· Teaching methods for design and creative subjects.
2009 - 2012
Fashion Design 3-Year Undergraduate Programme. Paris, France.
· Fashion illustration and collection design.
· History of arts and History of costume.
· Trend analysis and coolhunting.
· Patternmaking, sewing and production techniques.
· Textiles: typology, uses and production techniques.
Spanish | English | French
Data Collection: Psytoolkit, Google Forms, Tobii Pro Eyetracker
Data Analysis: SPSS, NVivo
Adobe: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Achievements, Awards and Extracurricular Activities :
2019 : London. Creative Conscience Project. Research in purpose, motivation, and learning.
2018 : London. Researcher at the Fashion Psychology Research Laboratory (London College of Fashion).
2018 : Puebla. Speaker at Proyecta: First Fashion and Design Congress from Universidad Angelopolis.
2018 : Monterrey. Consulting Curator for Scintia BioArt Exposition at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
2017 : Monterrey. Curator at Atelier Sesenta y Cuatro Exposition at Alianza Francesa de Monterrey.
2015 : Monterrey. Curator at Atelier Sesenta y Cuatro Exposition at Alianza Francesa de Monterrey.
2014 : Monterrey. Curator at Atelier Sesenta y Cuatro Exposition at Centro Cultural Plaza Fátima.
2012 : Paris. Finalist for the Best Collection at Istituto Marangoni Runway Show.
2012 : London. Collection presentation at London Graduate Fashion Week for Istituto Marangoni.
2012 : Paris. Sophie Hallette Sponsorship. (Publication in the September 2012 Catalogue).